Make Your Voice Heard: The Intersection of Craft, Creativity, and Activism
Authors Leanne Prain, Betsy Greer and I are going on a book tour together in October, 2014, to promote our respective books! We’re doing so with the support of our publishers, Arsenal Pulp Press (Leanne and Betsy) and Sasquatch Books (me), and with the help of publicist Jennifer Abel Kovitz.
We’ll be doing events at twelve venues in nine cities across the U.S. and Canada. Don’t miss the opportunity to hear us in a panel discussion moderated by a local artist/maker, or to join us for a hands-on workshop.
Betsy Greer will tour in support of Craftivism: The Art & Craft of Activism (May 2014). Leanne Prain will share Strange Material: Storytelling Through Textiles (October 2014). And I’ll tour in support of Make it Mighty Ugly: Exercises and Advice for Getting Creative Even When It Ain’t Pretty (September 2014).
- 10/1: Booksmith, San Francisco, CA, Rena Tom moderating
- 10/2: Diesel Bookstore, Oakland, CA, Lisa Congdon moderating
- 10/3: MakeShift Society, San Francisco, CA (hands-on workshop)
- 10/5: Powell’s City of Books, Portland, OR, Kate Bingaman-Burtmoderating
- 10/6: Makerhaus, Seattle, WA, Marlo Miyashiro moderating
- 10/7: Hot Art Wet City, Vancouver, BC
- 10/14: Textile Museum of Canada, Toronto, ON, Amy Singer moderating
- 10/15: University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA, Garth Johnson moderating
- 10/16: Institute of Contemporary Art, Boston, MA, Meighan O’Toole moderating
- 10/17: Brooklyn Craft Company, Brooklyn, NY, Sabrina Gschwandtner moderating
- 10/18: MakeShift Society, Brooklyn, NY (hands-on workshop)
- 10/20: Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington, DC,Nora Atkinson moderating
I’ll be listing every event in my events calendar, along with more information about times, tickets or registration, and our amazing hosts.